Information We Collect
When you create an account and use the Mednefits Applications, you consent to Mednefits, Mednefits-related companies, and their respective agents or representatives collecting, using, storing, transferring and disclosing your personal data to all such persons necessary for the purpose of enabling Mednefits to provide you with the Services. The information which we collect from you or other sources include:
- Information that we can use to identify or contact you such as your email address and phone number;
- Demographics information such as your gender and location and device related information;
- Personal Information, and Personal Health Information if you decide to provide such information to us for use with the Mednefits Applications and the Services;
- Any other information or Content, such as photos, images, reviews, topics, content, and bio, you provide us.
If you create an account using, or otherwise connect your account to, a social networking services account (e.g. Twitter, Facebook or Google) we may also collect information provided to us by such social networking service including for example your: name; email address; birthday; geographic location; interests; profile picture; gender; networks; user ID; list of friends; likes, comments and any information you have made public and made accessible to us on such social networking account. We may combine information received from you when using the Mednefits Applications with information from external sources.
We automatically collect information about how you use our Mednefits Applications, for example, pages you have viewed. We also collect certain technical information about your device including your Internet protocol address, geo-location information, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version, device types, device model and manufacturer, device identifiers, and your device operating system type and version.
How Mednefits Uses Your Information
Mednefits generally uses your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of, administer and secure your account on the Mednefits Applications;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Mednefits Applications;
- Communicate with you about your use of the Mednefits Applications;
- Develop new products and services;
- Customize any advertising you view and recommend content;
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the Mednefits Applications and for other marketing purposes of Mednefits using your contact information;
- Send administrative communications about the Mednefits Applications;
- Conduct research and measurement activities;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users; and
We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location data to personalize our Mednefits Applications, to recommend content, and/or to determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location.
How Mednefits Discloses Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- We may share your information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share your information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your information if we believe we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
- We also may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect Mednefits and our Mednefits Applications; or any rights, property, or personal safety of Mednefits or others.
- In the event that Mednefits is or may be acquired by or merged with another company or involved in any other business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, we may transfer or assign your information as part of or in connection with the transaction. Finally, in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred or disclosed as a business asset.
- We may also share aggregated and anonymized data with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties.
- Where you have agreed to become affiliated with a Mednefits partner (for example, by taking advantage of a partner specific promotion), we may disclose your information with that partner.
- We will not disclose Service Provider calendar information (including names, or other information), or use Service Provider external calendar information other than using appointment times to avoid double-booking, and to make the display of a combined calendar convenient for Service Providers.
Mednefits takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect your information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To help protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password for our Mednefits Applications and do not use a password on our Mednefits Applications that you would use on any other website or online service.
If you believe that Mednefits has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Mednefits by e-mail at [email protected] We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
If you have consented to receiving promotional and other commercial electronic messages from Mednefits, you also consent to Mednefits’s use of your Personal Information to send you such messages. You may opt out of receiving such messages from Mednefits by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-commercial electronic messages, such as messages about your accounts, bookings or our ongoing business relations. Please note that deletion of your information or content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Services.
We will not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete such information.