How can SMEs get the most from their employee health benefits?January 12, 2020
Creating a culture of wellnessJanuary 12, 2020
Looking back on 2018: Mednefits year in review
January 9, 2019
2018, what a year it was. Uber merged with Grab, Trump and Kim had their historical meeting on our sunny island and we found out not all asians are actually crazy rich. But as we took some time to pause and reflect (before we repeat) here at Mednefits, we have actually accomplished quite a bit! From product updates to new teammates to events and M.A.D (Mednefits Active Day) outings - check out our favourite moments from each month of 2018!
- We kicked off 2018 with the ‘Employer-Provided Healthcare Platform’ strategised and planned in mind.
- Hadi was on a mission together the interns to train all our health partners on the new product.
- Huei Min joined the team, our longest 8 months internship programme.
- Launched Member Benefits Wallet & Company In-Network Spending Account.
- First Mednefits Credits transaction was on Valentine’s Day, 14 February.
- Launched Out-of-Network digital claim portal.
- We were honoured to be featured by MCI Singapore in their #SMETowkay column on “Making Affordable Healthcare for SMEs a reality”.
- Got our own mini barista coffee machine for the Mednefits Team.
- Partnered with the first co-wellness space in Singapore, Core Collective.
- Chris shared his experience and journey as an entrepreneur at Health Tech Day in SMU.
- We shared how employers and HRs can redesign corporate healthcare experience with technology at our first event and conference of the year with HRD HR Tech Summit.
- Our PH dev team had their team bonding adventure day out in the wild.
- Michael, Lucky, Jialing, and Desmond joined the sales team.
- The founders went to KL Malaysia for market research and managed to gather interest from some health partners there.
- Partnership with Enterprise Singapore - HR Tech Pilot Programme in promoting the use of data and technology for better human resource decision making. Mednefits is one of the appointed service provider for Compensation & Benefits.
- Launched Company and Member product experience videos.
- HRM Asia HR Summit - we powered up from being in the start-up zone in 2017 to having our very own booth.
- We created our Product Brochure 2.0, and it doesn’t look like your typical brochure.
- We were glad to extend our benefits programme to the self-employed agents in ERA Singapore.
- Received the Human Resources Director Asia Service Provider Awards in the Corporate Health & Wellbeing Category
- We filmed in-house three creative videos to showcase how we imagine accessing corporate healthcare would be like in the future compared to the past - we will be launching them this year so stay tuned!
- Our first radio interview with 938NOW Keith de Souza - much jitters for Chris and Hadi initially but what an experience!
- Wei Xian joined the team.
- We featured our largest exhibitor’s booth and growing team at the largest SME Expo in Singapore hosted by SCCCI.
- Kang Wee, Ruiqin, Sarah and Celestine joined the team.
- Chris shared about the problems with the current employee health benefits landscape and shared how HRs and employers can take a proactive role in the Employer-Provided Healthcare Economy at the HR Business Partners Forum organised by SHRI.
- Shortlisted as a Most Promising Category Finalist (Mednefits Care Plan) at SG:D Techblazer Awards.
- Launched Member Wellness Wallet and Company Wellness Spending Account.
- Launched our Mednefits Care Plan (Lite Version).
- Expanded our clinic network across Singapore borders to Johor Bahru and Kuala Lumpur - we now have 40+ clinics in Malaysia!
- Hadi had his first ever live interview at Disruptive LIVE @ Cloud Expo Asia Singapore.
- Dr Kevin Chua joins the Mednefits family as our Medical Advisor.
- Featured by Asia Insurance Review for grouping SMEs together to provide affordable employee health benefits.
- Went M.A.D together on the rock climbing wall for our inaugural Mednefits Active Day.
- Alexandre and Wan Wen joined the team.
- Had our first ever Christmas Photoshoot to send our holiday greetings to our members.
- Rest & Recharge during our year-end retreat at Johor Bahru - amazing food, much-needed head-to-toe massage and last but not least our M.A.D activity: Go-Kart!